MakoMusic Karma – Give And You Shall Receive
For those of you that don’t know, here at MakoMusic we let musicians of all shapes and sizes submit music to us, which we then put online for all to see in the hope that it strikes a chord with fellow musicians, who are then compelled to write reviews and leave comments that are filled with praise and constructive feedback. Check out all the great music waiting for review here.
We realise that this is something of a utopian notion, expecting this system to work on the sole basis of good karma – “I’ve submitted something that I would like to be reviewed, why don’t I review something myself?” …but alas, I am sure it will come as no surprise that we get a much larger number of musical submissions in our inbox compared to the number of music reviews.
So What Can We Do About It?
We’ll, we wondered if we could offer people something in return for their time when writing a review. It turns out we can’t, but we’re going to do it anyway.
MakoMusic have decided that for every artist that writes a review for one the pending submissions on our site, we’ll give the reviewer £25 OFF any MakoMusic service, be that studio time, a photoshoot or a music video. We’ll even let you write 2! So just by writing 2 unsigned music reviews, you’ll find yourself with £50 of credit to spend on whichever MakoMusic service you like.
£50 Off Any MakoMusic Service when you write 2 unsigned Music Reviews
Obviously there has to some rules:
- The review(s) must be of an artist that is already on the MakoMusic website’s “Review Music” section
- No more than 2 reviews can be submitted by each artist – Resulting in a maximum of £50 credit per artist.
- Each review must be more than 300 words long.
- Each review must be honest and fair. All reviews must treat the artist in question as they would like to be treated themselves.
- Any reviews that we deem to be half arsed, unnecessarily disparaging or just plain shite, will be rejected. (Take a look at some examples first to see the standard we expect – it doesn’t have to be Shakespeare)
- The resulting credit is valid against any MakoMusic service, but MakoMusic reserve the right to charge expenses where applicable. (we’re not driving to London to do a £50 photoshoot)
In short, write a review (or 2) for a fellow musician, and we’ll give you upto £50 off any of our services.
The reviewed artists gets a feedback and exposure, we get content for our site and you get credit to spend on making more music! Everyone’s a winner!